Monday, October 23, 2006

The Twenty


So here it is a little post to show you a few pics from the film shoot.
I was just up in Mackinac Island working for the summer and never expected to run into something like this at all. Thanks to my good friend Deb who sent me a email when she heard about this little project. I emailed David the producer and after a little bit of negotiation I was on the project as a Production Assistant.

The shoot was really split up between being right in Soo Saint Marie, Mi and Neebish Island which is just about 30 minutes south of the Soo and its famous Locks. People are not so familiar with Neebish Island as they are the Locks. However Neebish is a very interesting little place. The island is about 21 square miles and has maybe MAYBE a year round population of 66...that's from the Internet research I did (cause I am a dork). However having been there I have a feeling the population 16 in the winter. Mind you Mackinac Island is only 8.2 miles around and has a year round population of over 500. Neebish Island needless to say is very remote and rustic despite being as large as it is. We stayed in some amazing cabins on the island. Right on the St Mary's River. You see, the St Mary's River runs along both sides of the island. One side is the northbound side and the other is the southbound side. Why? cause that is the channels the freighters take to get to and from the locks in the first place. This channel may look wide at first glance but when you see a huge freighter passing through you are amazed it even fits through the channel. If you are standing on the shore the freighter is maybe 60 feet away from you. Check them out here:Neebish Island
( if you click on the picture during the slide show you can view descriptions that I may or may not have added)

Anyways...enough about that. This project was just so much fun it I can even describe it. The people I met and shared time with everyday were awesome. I should probably tell you about the movie huh?

"The Twenty" is a feature film written and directed by Chopper Bernet. The storyline: A struggling alcoholic seeks the origin of a mysterious message written on a twenty dollar bill believing the source will lead to his redemption. The journey reveals his own weaknesses and ultimately provides solitude.

The cast includes: Clancy Brown (Carnivale, Shawshank Redemption), Stephanie Niznik (Everwood), Rodney Scott (Dawson's Creek, NCIS), Laura Jordan (Brothers & Sisters), Lisa Darr (Strong Medicine), and Laraine Newman (7th Heaven, Saturday Night Live).

Cast and Crew
The Twenty
(once again if you click on the picture during the slide show you can view descriptions that I may have added to the pictures...click a second time to restart the show)

As a production assistant I pretty much did a lot of stuff to help out. I did a lot of work with Meg Bernet the Art Director and Choppers sister. Meg is now someone I consider to be a very dear friend of mine and I hope to see her soon. She is so fun and amazing.
There was lots of gopher work and playing security occasionally too. One night I spent 3 grueling hours playing "hangman" even. Its rough.

Well that is all I have to share in this post about this. If you want to hear more ask me sometime. I actually have about 350 more photos on my computer that I didn't put here.

Much love.

No comments: